Choosing the right tile for your kitchen feels like a long-term commitment, and it is. Without a doubt, most homeowners want to make the right choice the first time. But it’s overwhelming. There are so many color options and different types of tiles that it seems impossible to make the best possible choice without spending years exploring tile options.
Characteristics of Tile Flooring
Not all tile flooring is made equal. In fact, with these characteristics and standard use expectations of a kitchen, there are only three really good material options for kitchen tile. Here we’ll quickly review each characteristic so you can set your expectations for your kitchen.
- Hardness – kitchen tile should be hard so it can resist scratches and dents.
- Moisture-resistance – spills are common in kitchens. It’s best to choose a non-porous tile.
- Slip-resistance – safety is always a chief concern. Ensure that your kitchen is a slip-resistance as possible.
- Maintenance – expect low maintenance.
- Installation – always bring in a professional because tile installation is demanding and is not forgiving in the event of mistakes.
- Budget – set your budget knowing that with the wide variety, you can certainly find something wonderful in your price range.